Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bless the Lord oh my Soul,


July 12th: BLESS THE LORD:

Psalm 103: "A Song of David"

Verses 8-12:

Psalm 103:8-12

The LORD is kind and merciful.
    He is patient and full of love.
He does not always criticize.
    He does not stay angry with us forever.
10 We sinned against him,
    but he didn’t give us the punishment we deserved.
11 His love for his followers is
    as high above us as heaven is above the earth.
12 And he has taken our sins
    as far away from us as the east is from the west.

--It's very difficult to maintain a positive attitude every single day.  I know with 3 kids and being married its almost an hourly struggle to keep my mind flowing in a positive direction, but that's where I have to step back and think, "God is telling me I am trying to do TOO much."  I let my mind get filled with too many distractions of things I either cannot control or do not need to spend my time worrying about.  Letting go of things I cannot control or things that just need to be in Gods hands is something I find very difficult. 

It seems my mind starts wondering off on its own course and I honestly believe that when this happens the devil is trying to take control.  I have found when I let my mind continue on that course that negativity and worrying/fear start moving in and before I know it, doubt has set up camp inside my mind.  So whenever I can grasp my sight around my mind going in that direction I try to just stop, breathe deeply for a few moments and say a short prayer to God that I am trying very hard to believe, but I am feeling overwhelmed. 

Life is very difficult to maintain a steady course with God.  It's a battle that the devil does NOT want us to fight.  The devil would rather us give up, throw our hands in the air and just go along with him.  I am not for that road, but I am human and I do slip into that course sometimes.  All I can do is pick myself up, pray to God for a new direction and start over.  I have realized throughout the last month that I am very strong, and anything is possible with God in our main view.  I however still have a huge problem letting go and just letting God direct me.  For some reason my brain is geared toward "control" and I don't know why.  I don't necessarily "like" being in full control, but I also do not like unorganized life events.  I don't like being hit by surprise by things I could have controlled.  So I have a lot of work to do.  Baby steps, one day at a time and remembering that we are not guaranteed tomorrow, and that tomorrow will have worries of its own.

.......Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment