Monday, October 1, 2012

Reversing on life a little…..




Reversing….--à TO THE LIFE GOD WANTS ME TO HAVE!!
2 Corinthians 9:8
 “And God can give you more blessings than you need.  Then you will always have plenty of everything, you will have enough to give to every good work.”
***
This sounds amazing especially when you apply it to the Moms world.  Having plenty of everything and enough to go around to all avenues of life.  I often feel like as a mommy I get pulled into a million different directions.  I didn’t realize just how many direction until God closed a door on September 21st.  I entered into work and was laid off.  Utterly feeling broken and lost inside I didn’t know what I was going to do.  I cried my eyes out; I couldn’t for the life of me even fathom the reason for this lay off.  I had literally given my all and more, but God wanted me in a different place.  God opened that door on April 23rd and closed it on Sept. 21st.  That was His plan, and I will NOT argue with His plan.  I will recognize the gifts that are in my life and apply myself to them wholeheartedly until God opens another door. 
I have realized over the past week that my life was really busy.  Being a full time mommy to three beautiful children, one that plays two sports, one that loves group therapy sessions and the other that is a little wild man terrific two’s little one, consumes my world.  Then add in that I am married to an amazing man that I absolutely adore with all my heart, life, bills, the house and on and on.  God knows exactly what he is doing when he sees the need to slowwwww things down a bit. 
Or…… maybe God saw that I was saw that I was putting my everything into my job to be the best that I could be and neglecting the things that mean the most.  I always wrote my devotions daily until I accepted the position on April 12th.  I started putting that extra focus into well we will just say the “old job.”  I started putting me into my job more than my God, my husband, my kids, ME.  Maybe God said ENOUGH, there is more to life than a job. 
It’s funny, but it just looks as though if everything plays out the way we think it will, then God had a plan for me to stay at home for a while.  I love being with Rex during the day, he keeps me on my toes.  Being able to pick up my babies from school every single day is a blessing and seeing more of my husband is an incredible joy. 
Just slowing life down a bit and getting back to the things that really matter to me.  So this is to all the moms who are overdoing it out there, and NO this does not mean go back from lunch and quit your job, but just remember what is most important and the job can only own you if you let it.  At the end of the day, clock out, leave it there and go home.  Open yourself up fully to the family that loves you more than life itself.  Don’t bring your work home and if you have to, start setting some boundaries on what is acceptable and not acceptable as an employee.  Do NOT be taken advantage of by a boss; they don’t have the right to consume your life.  You had a life before and you can have it without them.  Jobs are a dime a dozen and you would be better off climbing the ladder again having people smile and respect you along the way than to have someone treat you disrespectfully by making your night time be filled with work when it should be filled with hugs, love and kisses.  God can and will give you more blessings than you need, but he can also take blessings that you thought really mattered (job) if you are not careful.  But it does not have to ruin you or your life.
Remember God loves you he created you, he knows what you need and when you need it.  Trust God even in the tough times.  Trust God when you don’t have a plan, because he does.  Trust God when it looks like the only thing you can do is cry, because he is there to wipe your tears.  Stop looking at those that write you the paycheck as the ones that deserve all the appreciation and your best.  The ones at home that loved you in the beginning love you unconditionally and without circumstances deserve the best of you.  If you cannot clone yourself into doing both at the same time, then one has go and believe me, the family needs to stay.  God will make a way.
So with all that said, be yourself, the true self that can continue doing what matters most in your life every single day, being the mom, wife, leader, and if you cannot do that 100% and juggle all of life’s struggles with working, then something needs to give. Pray to God, trust in Him.
Just do NOT question Gods plan, if the door closes it is for a reason.  I found the best article on that while watching my son play football the other day, yes I was browsing for inspiration while at practice, but hey I was there…. 

Points to remember from (Everlasting Love)
It is God who opens and closes doors
·        Closed doors signals change and points to new directions
·        Closed doors is an incentive to pray more
·        Closed doors prevents trust in man
·        Closed doors make you await God's time
·        God closes prepare you for the task ahead
·        What God opens no one can shut
·        Closed doors are a blessing
So I will be content in the life that God has prepared for me right now.  I will slow down and understand that the verse is true God can and HAS given me more blessings than I have EVER needed.  He has ALWAYS given me PLENTY of everything and I have neglected everything.  He HAS given me ENOUGH to give to every good work, but I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO SEE IT, UNTIL NOW……

The Dented Bucket written by K. B. Davis




No comments:

Post a Comment